A Satisfied Client Of Dublin Builders AML Construction LTD
A Message From Alan McLoughlin CEO AML Construction Ltd.
Dublin builders are in high demand at this particular time, our economy is in an upward trend and people are starting to spend money on their homes. Some people are looking at the opportunity to have their dream home built for them. If you have always had the dream to have your own home built to your exact design and you are willing to go for it, then congratulations you will be one of the few people in Dublin who get to experience the feeling of living in their purpose built dream home.
Of course getting your dream home built is part of a reasonably long process. We will assume that you have already obtained the site for the house, and had the house designed by your chosen architects and obtained the required planning permission to build. So the next step along the way is to choose the right building contractor to deliver your dream home as per the building regulations, the architects designs and on or below budget.
No doubt your chosen architects will be of assistance in this regard if you have given them the job of helping you send out tenders to selected building contractors. Most Architects will have a number of contractors who they will recommend for particular types of building projects. It is always a good idea to get the names of other building companies who build one off houses in Dublin and who come highly recommended from a person whom you know and or trust.
Here are some tips to help you choose a builder for your new house in Dublin.
Make a Short List of Dublin Builders
Once you have thought about the type of house you want, you can create a list of potential builders.
- Contact CIRI Construction Industry Register Ireland to obtain a list of builders who construct homes in your area.
- Look in the real estate section of your local newspaper for builders and projects. Looking through the ads and reading the articles can help you to learn which builders are active in your area, the types of homes they are building and the prices you can expect to pay. Make a list of builders who build the type of home you’re looking for in your price range.
- Local auctioneers and real estate agents may also be able to help you in your search.
- Ask friends and relatives for recommendations. Ask about builders they have dealt with directly, or ask them for names of acquaintances who have recently had a good experience with a builder.
Dublin Builders Want To Find The Most Suitable ? Then Do Your Homework
When you have a list of potential builders, it’s time to start asking lots of questions — of both the potential builders and the owners of their homes.
- Interview potential home builders to get the answers to all the questions you have.
- Ask the builder for a list of his previous clients who have agreed to be contacted and are willing to speak about their experience with the builder.
- The more people you talk with, the more accurate an impression of a builder you are likely to get.
- Some questions to ask home owners include: Are you happy with your home? If you had any problems, were they fixed promptly and properly? Would you use the builder again if you had another building project?
- Usually, people tell you if they are pleased with their homes. And if they are not, they’ll probably want to tell you why.
- At the very least, drive by and see if the homes are visually appealing.
- When you talk to builders and home owners, take along a notebook to record the information you find and your personal impressions about specific builders and homes. Doing so will help you to make comparisons later.
Look for Dublin Builders Who Deliver Quality and Value.
Look at new homes whenever you can. Home shows and open houses sponsored by builders are good opportunities to look at homes. Model homes and houses displayed in home shows are often furnished to give you ideas for using the space.
When examining a home, look at the quality of the construction features. Inspect the quality of the cabinetry, carpeting, trimwork and paint. Ask the builder or the builder’s representative a lot of questions. Get as many specifics as possible. If you receive the answers verbally rather than in writing, take notes. Never hesitate to ask a question. What seems like an insignificant question might yield an important answer.
If you have a building project in mind and you would like the advice of an experienced design and construction team then do not hesitate to contact AML Construction Ltd who are members of CIRI and City & Guilds of London
You can call AML Construction directly on 01-8357410 or you can fill out the contact form here
See Below a Recent Project we Completed in Sutton in Dublin.
This amazingly designed home renovation and extension hi lights the skills of our trades people from the feature brick wall to the bespoke joinery and wall paneling made on site by our very own joiners. For a quotation on your project or design advice why not contact us today on 087 121 6762 / 01-8357410